Thomas Sowell is one of the greatest thinkers of our time. We will spend some time examining quotes from Mr. Sowell regarding the political left and consider whether or not these quotes apply to our world today.
The Holiday Season is fast approaching. Professor Paul has some suggestions for topics to bring up during gatherings with family and friends. You are welcome.
Labor Day 2021 is here. We have a challenge for you to undertake over the long weekend. How prepared is your family and your community for the long winter ahead? Now is the time to address that topic.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:01:08] Follow-up on yesterday’s episode: Ask your friends & family why the Hammer and Sickle isn’t treated the same as the Swastika.
- Both regimes slaughtered millions of their people (and outsiders)
- Both were socialists
- Both were totalitarian dictatorships
- Both actively and aggressively threatened the free world
- [0:10:10] Biden Checks his Watch, Disrespects Dead Troops www.bostonherald.com
- [0:13:45] Thomas Sowell quotations on the ‘vision of the political left’ www.aei.org/carpe-diem
- Consulate Security Alert – August 25th, 2021 – af.usembassy.gov
- [0:42:22] Labor Day seems strange when more people want to collect welfare than actually work?
FEATURING: Boston Herald, AEI.org, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells, Inc., CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
FIND US ON: Full30, Parler, MeWe.com, iTunes, Stitcher, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Joe Biden’s presidency is reeling no matter how much he declares mission accomplished in Afghanistan.
Biden’s poll numbers are collapsing and now endangering other Democrats.
Checking the time at any event is a long held no-no for a politician, as then-President George H.W. Bush learned at a debate against Bill Clinton in 1992.
Here are 15 quotations from Thomas Sowell, the master of “idea density,” on one of his favorite topics — the “vision of the political left” and the many defects, deficiencies and imperfections of that flawed vision.
1] That people on the political left have a certain set of opinions, just as people do in other parts of the ideological spectrum, is not surprising. What is surprising, however, is how often the opinions of those on the left are accompanied by hostility and even hatred.