“If what you say is true,” countered the panel member who was brought on to represent the gun culture, “then I assume you believe that the government; local, state and Federal, should lead by example and destroy every assault rifle in their collective inventories, immediately.”
All four anti-gunners erupted with mixture of nervous or indignant laughter. Some shouted over the others that the government keeps us safe, there are terrorists to worry about, criminals have those guns and the police cannot be outgunned.
Folks, I was that gun culture panelist. The panel included 3 hard corps gun control advocates, the moderator who supported the anti-gun position by his words and actions, myself, and a YouTube gun guy.
It saddens me that a good many people who would benefit from the following paragraphs will never get beyond the title. While you might offer that the title should be altered to make it more attractive to the soft-minded reader, I would counter that the soft-minded are beyond the reach of the written word.
To that end, I would charge you, the dedicated reader, to consume the following and break it down into the most easily digestible words and phrases you can for the soft-minded people in your life. They must be spoon fed the truth. A few may consume it, but most will spit it out like a misbehaving toddler.
The State is Exempt
To proceed any further, we have to come to the agreement that gun control is not about the complete and total eradication of firearms, or certain types of firearms, from planet earth. Gun control advocates temper every single call for more restrictions, confiscation, and a complete ban on ownership with an exemption for the State.
Since the first national gun control bill was passed in 1934, the State, and its list of approved employees, have been exempt from these laws. The tone was set and since that time cities, states, and the US Federal government have written themselves out of the laws they wish to impose upon the citizen, the taxpayer, the people they are Constitutionally charged with representing.
Have you rated us on iHeartRadio yet?
Click Here to “Heart” us and Leave a Comment below the episodes >>
Gun Control is Mind Control
Gun control is mind control for many reasons. Let us examine one of the most glaring attempts at mind control. In order for Gun Control to succeed, the people must first be convinced that they are in fact a subservient or lower class of people than those who work for the State. A person must be led to believe that they are forbidden to own or possess any of several inanimate objects because the risk of them owning such an item is far too great. However, their neighbor who lives down the street and may seem for all intents and purposes to be very similar to them, has been exempted from such restrictions because they work for the State.
When gun control advocates defend the exemptions for State employees, they bolster that by saying that said employees need the otherwise evil guns to protect themselves and their very lives. That stated purpose immediately puts on display the idea that the lives of State employees are more valuable, because they require greater protection than the mere citizen or “civilian” does. The people are no longer equal to their government, they are a step or two below it.
- Gun control is mind control in that while you might believe that you, as your own person, may be able to curb your baser instincts and therefore be trusted to own certain objects, your neighbors and other people in society cannot be trusted to do the same. Only by the act of surrendering control to the State can the State have enough power to control the actions of your untrustworthy neighbors and fellow citizens.
- Gun control is mind control because you must be convinced that objects that were perfectly legal to purchase and possess yesterday, perhaps they have been legal for fifty years, have today become objects so threatening and dangerous that they must be removed from circulation. Again, not removed from the hands of the State, but from the hands of the people.
- Gun control is mind control as you must be brainwashed into believing that by surrendering your right to possess an inanimate object, that a rapist, robber, murderer, even a terrorist, will somehow be hindered in their desire to commit heinous felonies against you and your community.
- Gun control is mind control because it must convince you that the laws currently forbidding rape, robbery, murder, and terrorism are not strong enough to prevent those acts from occurring, but a malum prohibitum bill making an object illegal will prevent the aforementioned crimes.
- Gun control is mind control because the subjects of the control must be made to believe that the existing malum in se  laws, passed down from generation to generation, culture to culture, for the entire recorded history of man, are not enough to prevent vicious criminal behavior. However, the prohibition of an inanimate object is indeed enough to stop criminal behavior.
- Gun control is mind control because you must believe that despite the passage of NFA 1934 and more than 80 years of gun control in the United States of America, even more restrictions are needed to make us “safe”.
- Gun control is mind control in that you must believe that, despite demonstrable evidence to the contrary, more malum prohibitum statutes can make the world a safer place.
- Gun control is mind control as it attempts to convince you that the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights allows all manner of hateful and radical speech, but the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights has been misunderstood and allows for the State to alter it in any manner they deem appropriate.
- Gun control is mind control as you must not realize nor understand that the U.S. Supreme Court and numerous lower courts have ruled that the State has “no duty to protect” the people as individual citizens  only the public in general. This mind control convinces you that the police need their guns to protect you, the citizen, though the courts have ruled that they literally cannot be held accountable to keep that promise.
- Gun control is mind control because you must be led to believe that firearms related accidental injuries and deaths are the greatest public health risk that the nation faces. You must ignore the fact that firearms accidents fall statistically far below those from automobile crashes, falls, poisoning, drowning, electrocution, and burns.
- Gun control is mind control in that you must be convinced that your “feelings” or how you “feel” about the subject of firearms is just as important, if not more so, than the actual facts of the matter. Emotions are more important than reality and feelings trump facts.
- Gun control is mind control whereas you must believe in your heart that saving the life of “just one child” is a reason for more restrictions on your liberty while at the same time you must also believe that every woman has the “reproductive right” to end the life of the child growing in her womb.
- Finally, gun control is mind control as you must be convinced that rather than to use the inanimate objects, those so dangerous and feared that they must be banned, as instruments of liberty to defend the very rights that are being stripped away, you are instead obligated to peacefully surrender them.
For gun control to succeed, you must believe that truth is lies and lies are truth. You must believe that the State can be trusted with all things, but the people, those whom the State is commanded to represent by the United States Constitution, cannot be trusted and therefore must be controlled.
 Malum Prohibitum : is a Latin phrase used in law to refer to conduct that constitutes an unlawful act only by virtue of statute, as opposed to conduct that is evil in and of itself, or malum in se.
 Malum In Se: is a Latin phrase meaning wrong or evil in itself. The phrase is used to refer to conduct assessed as sinful or inherently wrong by nature, independent of regulations governing the conduct
 The NFA was originally enacted in 1934. Similar to the current NFA, the original Act imposed a tax on the making and transfer of firearms defined by the Act, as well as a special (occupational) tax on persons and entities engaged in the business of importing, manufacturing, and dealing in NFA firearms.
- Jan 28, 2013 – The court has kept this stance for over 30 years. The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that police officers at all levels of the government have no duty to protect the citizens of this country. It is the job of police officers to investigate crimes and arrest criminals.
So much truth, cited… hence it’s impossible to argue against … unless you have the mental disease known as lliberalism…. then all truth is invalid due to, you know, like, feelz n stuff yo…. another great piece by Prof. Paul Markel.
I just shared the above article 4 x times on 4 separate platforms . Although when I refreshed the page after sharing . I come to find that the share counter had only risen from 6 to 8 . Is the share count for only 1 platform or multiple platforms ?
Pingback: Gun Control is Mind Control; Everything You’ve been told is a Lie – Bill Robinson's Blog
A new student of the gun here, all they way from the UK, just watched this vid, and I agree with what you have said, however the things you say about UK home invasion is actually worse than you think…
if someone is banging down the door, we are told to call the police and wait.. – yes that’s right you read correctly, wait..
if they do get in, then you may use “reasonable force” – however that this defined, as the general population no idea what “reasonable force” is and only find out after the event if you have used “excessive force” and face a prison sentence…
Now, if someone breaks into your house and injure themselves, ie cut themselves on the glass window while breaking it, slipping on your driveway in the snow, or electrocute themselves while steeling your TV, they can successfully take legal action against you!
We can obtain a FAC (Fire Arms Certificate), but this evolves the usual form filling, a visit from a Firearms Officer to make sure you have a gun safe (that is fixed and can not be removed), and interviewed – they also write to your doctor to make sure you have no history of mental illness (ie depression/stress) the certificate lasts for 5 years before you have to reapply, AND you have to give a reason for owning a gun, you can not state “self defence” as your application will be instantly rejected. They also have it in their power to revoke a licence at will..
We are also “conditioned” into thinking that anyone that that even mentions the word gun is a bad guy and upto no good.
The thing about gun control over here, is that the law abiding citizens who follow the law, jump through all these hoops to get a licence to obtain a shotgun for sport, get treated like social pariah’s, while the criminals who get hold of black market guns go out and use them to commit crime (rape/murder/car jacking ect) get away free, since the gun they uses does not have a paper tail at all, so in the eyes of the law, does not exist…
There is a famous case over here, whereby a farmer, who used his shotgun to protect his property again two assailants, who broke into his house – he was sent to prison.
oh now far we have fallen….
All the best prof!